Friday, February 22, 2008

My Latest Look On Life

Well it is the day before my 46th birthday and I have woken up with much going through my mind. Do I feel like celebrating not. All I can seem to think about is how tired I am, how I long to have happiness and when will it ever come. I long for the day that life can be simple and not have to think about this, that and everyother thing. That I can get up and just think of what I want to do and do it for me. The day that I can get up look out a window and not have a worry in the world. Will that day ever come not in this life time. Why? Because the world that we know is wrap around who we are, how much we have, and who we know. It basic bottom line is money, the more you have the more you want, the more you have the more people like you and it just draws peoples attention to who you are!! It not only proves itself bibically but also just in what make the world go round. We have also created a generation of people who is now known as the ME generation, those who think of themselves and no longer anyone else. After they have moved on to what they will do with their lives they forget about those who helped them to achieve those goals and who gave them the boost they needed to keep going be it family, friends or others. They move on they keep going and forget about all else. What happen to the simple days when people just lived for the day and were happy with what they had, and were willing to share. What happen to the day when life was not complicated. You know its not just me that is not really happy anymore, look at even those who you would think should be happy and doing well with their lives but get all caught up with the drug scene or the as some would simply put it sex drugs and rock and roll. Heath Ledger, (accidental death, really????) then what about the newest headlines almost everyday of Britney Spears, even the wonderful Oprah. Are they really happy, even the Royals don't have it together anymore. Look at what they did to Diana, and I'm not referring to her accident. Life was once simple, life was once kind, life once offered respect for the elderly, for those in authority, for upholding the laws of the land. What is going on with all these kids who are going in and hurting innocent people, what is happening to them and where are the minds of these people who want to look at young children as sex symbols, and abuse them. I am not denoting on sex as it may be more predominate with one one day we will soon find out I'm sure as all things comes out of a closet it is all who have been hurt at some level, not given the nuturing they needed and could not get passed it. How bizarre, how sad, what other words can one use to describe the world that we live in. It all has to be about how we look, how much money we have, and how successful we are to determine our worth to one another. How sad, so where is the world of happiness, where is the simple life, will any of us ever have any answers to some of these questions??? some would say yes life is what you make it, your just depressed no I don't think so , look at the world oh yes we are so much more fortunate than those who wake up to the sounds of guns, or wake up in the night to a strangers killing our families, or those who are dying daily with disease, and hunger. Do we have a right to complain of course not we have not have hardship. Yet we still seem to strive and search for it am I any different no but it sure is a picture or pieces of my puzzle I would like filled someday. Well off and running to fill others needs. Gail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home