Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'm 45 and Happy!!!!

Well a couple of days ago I became another year older and a birthday celebration I will never forget. I had a girlfriend who came to Winnipeg and planned a surprise for me. After we went for dinner she told me that we had to be back at the hotel for 8:00 p.m. I kept trying to guess what it was/or could be???? She would not give in, I did guess it but she led me down another path that I kind of got overly concerned with as she made a remark maybe its a stripper. I then thought O My Gosh what am I going to do if that is what it is??? A thinking to myself, nah she would not do that as it is not something she would do but then I though you never know. I just kind of kept panicing as it is something I could not have handled for many many reasons. Ok I am old fashion and really have no need to look elsewhere if the truth be known along with what My God says. It just would not have sit well with me all the way around. Okay enough of that so are you all ready to know what my surprise is??? Well....... it was .... ........ a friend I had not seen for 20 years who also in turn planned for another friend who we all hung out with as well to join us as well. I had not seen here in at least 22/25 years. So needless to say YES IT WAS A BIRTHDAY I WILL NEVER FORGET!!!!!! How we talked, looked at pictures, laughed, had a few toast, and ordered pizza at 2:00 in the a.m. How great is that!!! A birthday that will never be forgotten. Life really cannot be any better than that, it was very nice to have seen each other talk about al the things we did together and what we are doing now. Now that the figure 45 has set in I have to say I think I am looking forward to getting older. I don't know why I actually thought I remember when I was 16 I could not wait to be 20 then I was 20 and couldn't wait to be 30. Now I am 45 and cannot wait to be 50. How strange is that???? Its good, I'm looking forward to the next five years. It is a age when you have lived, made mistakes with lessons learned. Realizing the lessons learned we good experiences to have lived a fulfilled life. I feel like I am entering into a new category, a new season of what ever may come my way. Life is so much fun, exciting and filled with some punches that throws us for a loop but we get back up and fight for is all of it the circle of life keeps going on and on. I am on my way to the school now so until later I will keep you all posted from time to time about the exciting life of a 45 year old. So to all who have peeked in remember our bones may sometimes say were old but its what we do with those thoughts; do we accept them or move on and just keep going allowing mind over matter, how OUR GOD SAYS HE IS OUR HEALER , and totally believe WE CAN DO IT IF WE PUT OUR MIND TO IT. So my friends have a great and wonderful day, we have it in us to make it a wonderful day according to "THE SECRET" So before I begin on another tangent which I am sure I will discuss later. Later ALL!!! GAIL

2 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Wow Gail, 45! Congratulations and a belated Happy Birthday. I am glad that you had such a surprise with your friend(s) and that a great and unforgetable day and evening was spent together.....

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Bev said...

Half way to 90 --- You go girl!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home