Thursday, August 26, 2004

HAVING TO LET GO !!!!

On Sunday I learned another one of lifes lessons in parenting. I got the biggest scare of my life, whether your children are two or seventeen. We were out with friends on Sunday and circumstance came about that my son was on a lake in the dark, with no flash light, not really a boat but a dingy and on one side of the lake a dam with a 50 foot drop. After waiting awhile we had to get the emergency crews out to look for him and another adult. I was so happy he returned back safely but in the midst of it all I was only imagining the worse. It was absolutely horrifying.
On the way home it was very quiet and although I cried and cried I heard God say will you TRUST ME??? It was like yeah of course, then I heard that the next five years there would be more moments like this. So I had to let go of my son and believe that in all things God will protect him always. How difficult this is for me as although he is seventeen he is my baby. So this week has been a week of intense praying and saying yes to God. I also took this as a warning that my responsibility is to just PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!! Our God is a good God in all things. gail

1 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Whoah! Scary stuff!
I'm glad Shawnie-boy is okay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home